- About Calance
“Security doesn’t have to be HARD - It just has to be RIGHT”
…and that fundamental principle motivated us to establish our Security Practice. Over the past 10 years, organizations have channeled resources to some areas of security – like spam filters and ID cards. Despite the virus alerts and password explosion; loss of data, breaches of privacy and yawning gaps in security still occur and are increasing. What’s also increasing is the cost of failure. As regulation tightens, cost of inefficiency and privacy expectations increase.
Many organizations have invested in protecting data and other digital assets, associating staff with types of access and tools to make security more integrated into how they work. With our experience in highly regulated industries, we recognize that while the intent is right , the execution often falls short of the intention. The shortfalls are in areas such as:
- Not enough understanding of the realized and unrealized business problem – Is this an IT or a training issue?
- System enhancements not tracking environmental changes such as changes in regulations or the rash of new devices and social networking – Can the system you purchased 3 years ago deal with iPADs?
- Vision and Planning to leverage existing infrastructure – What else can we do with the products that we own?
Unified Security is a framework which views all aspects of security – data, assets, people – as part of the solution. It is intended to overcome the imbalance of investing heavily in defense against hackers while leaving the back door open (literally). Calance Unified Security builds a program of work, based on what security you already have, focused on tackling priorities at your pace until a Unified Security baseline is achieved.
Calance currently partners with leading names in the industry including IBM, MICROSOFT, CITRIX and LENEL to bring solutions that drive more value from existing investments. Besides our Consulting and Implementation Services we have developed solutions that build-on what these industry leaders have to offer, such as:
- AccessPAL - physical and logical infrastructure brought together by integrating IBM Security and LENEL Access Solutions. Learn More (Download Data Sheet)
- AccessPAL Mobility – managing complex and distributed access environment (e.g., Tablets and SmartPhones) linked to inter-organizational data and application sharing requirements.
- AccessPAL Enterprise – Extending the value of existing virtualization infrastructure including Single-Sign-On in Virtual Access Environments
For Healthcare Organizations we also provide solutions that cover many aspects relating Healthcare Security and Privacy Concerns and also specific single-point solutions, starting from assessments, solutions and co-ordination with third parties such as insurance companies for Breach Protection.