Cloud Infrastructure Lead
This role acts as a liaison between infrastructure and delivery teams. The role will represent infrastructure and enforce cloud services standards with global services and/or partners. Cloud Infrastructure Lead will contribute their knowledge of modern software development techniques and technology to design services that utilize latest recent technologies and architecture to produce services that meet customers’ demands.
- Demonstrated experience in working with external resource providers and managing key vendor contacts to deliver value that is consistent with expenditure
- Lead and manage high performing teams which deliver technical value
- Recommend suggestions and best practices to optimize customers’ cloud presence, performance, security, and cost
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to lead and motivate technical teams that deliver quality services
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, implementing Infrastructures utilizing hosting Services technologies / platforms
- Leverage on Cloud environment and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (applications and data technologies)
- Work with clients to design a full-stack solution using software that fully integrates with customer’s existing cloud infrastructure from data flow, security, DevOps, and other standpoints
- Create and deliver presentations that engage audience and respond to their questions and concerns; present complex and difficult messages skillfully
- Produce documents which contain clear, precise descriptive language; present complex and difficult messages skillfully, using a variety of media and methods
- Develop new specs, documentation; and partake in the development of technical procedures and user support guides
- Creation of a well-informed cloud strategy and administering the adaption process
- Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies that will be used to guide the technical work of technical teams assigned to programs/projects
- Experience with infrastructure implementation/management, service/operations management, etc.
- Proactively identifies and addresses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- Proactively anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Makes key decisions based upon input from managers and leaders; solid understanding of IT services principles, firm and business objectives and needs analysis
- Applying judgment in implementing methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to manage technical challenges on multiple project/programs simultaneously
- Directing a small/medium (4 - 8+ people) size global services team; some team members may be remote; directly mentoring staff; working with project managers if issues arise with projects or daily activities; developing and leading staff.
- Exercising influence at multiple levels of the organization up to senior leadership
- Education: Applicants for the cloud solution architect role are required to have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or Electrical Engineering, or in a relevant field. They also need 4-7 years’ work experience designing, executing, and supporting IT Cloud solutions
- Knowledge: It is crucial that applicant has exceptional understanding of cloud computing technologies, recent computing trends; and familiarity with enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration. They should also have adept knowledge of data modelling best practices and practical knowledge of Agile Software development methodology
- It is important that the applicant has extensive experience with multiple operating system: Linux, Unix, Solaris, Ubuntu, Windows. They should also have a deep understanding of networking: TCP/IP, IP addresses, HTTP, DNS. Having capabilities in scripting languages and experience with relational databases are also helpful.
- Interpersonal skills: This role requires working in a cross-functional team, as well as with various stakeholders. So, it is vital that the applicant can establish rapport and manage relationship with the people they have on their project team
- Communication skills: Possess good written and verbal communication skills to effectively articulate complex cloud reports and relate with clients, IT development partners, and management
Who we are
Calance is a global IT Services firm specializing in end-to-end solutions for Development, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence and Data Science, DevOps enablement, Managed Services, Security, Construction Management Software Integration, and IT Staffing.
Headquartered in Southern California with offices across US and India, our team has made a commitment to excellence for over 25 years. At Calance, we pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships — both with clients and with our team. This fosters a culture of trust and a commitment to creating high-quality, customer-oriented IT solutions, which is why we’ve seen a 90% client retention rate and successful long-term relationships with leading SMB and enterprise partners.
With decades of extensive domain knowledge in technology solutions and exceptional customer support, the Calance team shares a passion for helping organizations achieve digital transformation and build streamlined IT infrastructure that supports their continued success. Our customized IT solutions empower organizations to hit their long-term business goals and lead their industry.
We believe our long term relationship with employees is one our most valuable assets. At Calance we strive to build a culture where personal and professional growth are as important as customer growth and success. We often refer to Calance as a family — a family committed to sustainably growing businesses, driving client success, and working to ensure everyone in the family achieves their full potential.
We offer generous compensation and a benefits package — which, coupled with an exceptional company culture, has resulted in most Calance team members staying with the company for over 7+ years. We also provide H1B work permits and permanent residency sponsorship.