We are looking for a Python Developer to join our engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products. Python Developer responsibilities include writing and testing code, debugging programs and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience using server-side logic and work well in a team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop software libraries, tools, and methodologies as critical components of our computation platforms
- Use independent judgment to take existing code, understand its function, and change/enhance as needed
- Work as a team leader rather than a member
- Proficient in Python with sound knowledge in Django/Flask
- Experience in building modular and efficient applications which can run on scale
- Proficient in writing database queries (NoSQL preferably)
- Basic knowledge on working with containers (Docker)
- Follow best practices while writing code - PEP8, TDD, SOA etc.
- Full understanding of VCS (mainly GIT)
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical thinking
- Strong project management skills
- Capability to solve complex technical issues, comprehend risks prior to the circumstance
- Ability to realize the large picture of the organizational data condition
- Collaboration and team-orientation
- Task organization, time management, and project management
Who we are
Calance is a global IT Services firm specializing in end-to-end solutions for Development, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence and Data Science, DevOps enablement, Managed Services, Security, Construction Management Software Integration, and IT Staffing.
Headquartered in Southern California with offices across US and India, our team has made a commitment to excellence for over 25 years. At Calance, we pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships — both with clients and with our team. This fosters a culture of trust and a commitment to creating high-quality, customer-oriented IT solutions, which is why we’ve seen a 90% client retention rate and successful long-term relationships with leading SMB and enterprise partners.
With decades of extensive domain knowledge in technology solutions and exceptional customer support, the Calance team shares a passion for helping organizations achieve digital transformation and build streamlined IT infrastructure that supports their continued success. Our customized IT solutions empower organizations to hit their long-term business goals and lead their industry.
We believe our long term relationship with employees is one our most valuable assets. At Calance we strive to build a culture where personal and professional growth are as important as customer growth and success. We often refer to Calance as a family — a family committed to sustainably growing businesses, driving client success, and working to ensure everyone in the family achieves their full potential.
We offer generous compensation and a benefits package — which, coupled with an exceptional company culture, has resulted in most Calance team members staying with the company for over 7+ years. We also provide H1B work permits and permanent residency sponsorship.