Leads cross-functional teams to provide agile-based project deliverables and facilitates the team's work to accelerate delivery of business value by ensuring adherence to Scrum methodologies and processes. Facilitates internal and external communication, removes impediments, and serves as the intermediary between multiple product owners, managers, and team members. Using strong communication, facilitates the project team through the Scrum process of Release Planning, Sprint Planning for multiple product owners, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives in a fast paced environment with competing priorities. Sets the example for Agile methods based upon the designated principles and ensures they are understood and exercised consistently within the team.
- Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information
- Provides updates on the team's status and removes impediments to increase the probability of success in each Sprint
- Establishes a team environment by building trust and creating transparency
- Administers the day to day progress of Agile; uses a collaborative approach while driving decisions; holds team accountable to ensure they are successfully collaborating and adapting to project and cultural shifts; maintains positive relationships with IT and internal customers to help facilitate effective completion of project work.
- Builds understanding of Agile foundation and processes; assists with prioritization and identifying defects.
- Promotes and participates in the continuous improvement of structure, processes, and tooling to enable the teams to deliver more value; adopts an understanding of the overall business and of the business and technical terms presented
- Develops and uses analytical skills to identify sources of impediments
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4 Years relevant experience required
- Project management experience preferably within an established IT project management office or serving as a project manager for an Information Technology department.; experience within other areas of IT may be considered
- Previous Agile experience with some working knowledge of Agile approaches, tools and techniques
- Certified Scrum Master and other Agile project management Certifications (CSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP)
- Leading and coaching teams through an agile transformation
- Excellent in oral and written communication skills
- BE/B Tech/MCA/MBA/M Tech or equivalent
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Should have strong analytical and problem resolution skills to identify difficult sources of impediments.
- Exposure to ALM tool (e.g., JIRA, Rally, TFS, Azure, Version One), Confluence, and Jenkins
- Experience within an IT software development organization with process implementation and improvement exposure
- Proven experience defining and creating processes that streamline the people-centered value chain in software development
- Vision for big picture design, process improvements, and influencing change at the team member level
- Soft skills adaptability, portray a positive attitude, flexible, multitask orientated; accept guidance, listen well, and utilize information
- Strong communication skills and the demonstrated ability to affect departmental direction and impact goals
Who we are
Calance is a global IT Services firm specializing in end-to-end solutions for Development, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence and Data Science, DevOps enablement, Managed Services, Security, Construction Management Software Integration and IT Staffing.
Headquartered in Southern California with offices across US and India, our team has made a commitment to excellence for over 25 years. At Calance, we pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships — both with clients and with our team. This fosters a culture of trust and a commitment to creating high-quality, customer-oriented IT solutions, which is why we’ve seen a 90% client retention rate and successful long-term relationships with leading SMB and enterprise partners.
With decades of extensive domain knowledge in technology solutions and exceptional customer support, the Calance team shares a passion for helping organizations achieve digital transformation and build streamlined IT infrastructure that supports their continued success. Our customized IT solutions empower organizations to hit their long-term business goals and lead their industry.
We believe our long term relationship with employees is one our most valuable assets. At Calance we strive to build a culture where personal and professional growth are as important as customer growth and success. We often refer to Calance as a family — a family
committed to sustainably growing businesses, driving client success, and working to ensure everyone in the family achieves their full potential.
We offer generous compensation and a benefits package — which, coupled with an exceptional company culture, has resulted in most Calance team members staying with the company for over 7+ years. We also provide H1B work permits and permanent residency sponsorship.