Calance has been in business since 1984 and is dedicated to it's employees. Many of our employees have been with the company for over a decade. Calance's headquarters has recently moved to a state of the art facility in Anaheim, California.
If you're interested in a position, send the following to Kathy Yingling at KYingling@calance.com:
-Title of the position in the subject line
-Brief overview of why you'd be a good fit for the position
The Senior Service Desk Delivery Specialist position is responsible for providing technical hands-on support for both internal and external business users at Calance and client sites. The candidate will support a wide range of computer hardware (PC/MAC/tablets/peripherals), software, and network/server equipment for clients in a variety of industries.
-Emergencies: Respond to emergency tickets within established SLA’s to ensure business operations for supported clients. Resolving or escalating the issue as required.
-Customer Service: Maintain positive relationships with supported business clients. Set reasonable expectations and deliver on support commitments.
-Troubleshooting: Identify computer issues and implement solutions to expedite resolution
-Software: Install/configure/uninstall computer software as required. Maintain software license compliance by only installing approved software.
-Ticket Administration: Manage, maintain and close support tickets in Computer Associates USD system. Ensuring that all support tickets are updated to show progress in completing the support request.
-Computer Maintenance: Proactively manage support clients computers to ensure that they operate at peak performance. Microsoft patches, Antivirus scans, spyware removal, etc.
-Asset Management: Maintain/manage computer inventory at supported sites. Computer inventory to be maintained throughout the life cycle of the asset (purchase through disposal)
-Documentation/Training: Provide end user training and create job aids as required. Create/maintain support procedure used by the Service Desk Delivery team
-Teamwork: Effectively collaborates with Service Desk Delivery staff, IT support staff and supported business users to deliver project and for general support activities
-Infrastructure Support: Act as an extension of the Infrastructure team to provide hands on network and server support as requested by the Infrastructure team at client sites
-Travel: Ability to travel locally to go on clients’ sites on a daily basis and occasionally up to 85 miles each way
-5 to 7 years of experience in an IT support or technical environment
-Excellent written and oral communication skills
-Excellent troubleshooting skills
-Ability to identify and manage tactical priorities
-Ability to decipher ticket urgency and priority at a tactical level
-Ability to resolve level 3 hardware/software issues
-Assist in identifying process and procedural improvements
-Advanced Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems: Windows 7,Windows 10
-Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products, with primary focus on Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
-Advanced Knowledge of MS Active Directory Management Tools
-Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Deployment Tool Kit (MDT)
-Basic understanding of ITIL Foundational Concepts
-Bachelor’s degree desirable (or equivalent 5-7 years’ work experience)
-Successful experience in working with customers to develop effective solutions to complex technical problems
-MCSE, Network +, A+, ITIL foundation, ACM certifications
-Knowledge of CA Technologies – USD Tracking system
-Proficiency in KACE asset management and Kaspersky Anti-Virus deployment and administration
-Expertise in Dell hardware procurement and deployment
The Agile Project Manager (APM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating Infrastructure and Operations project teams.
The goals are to:
• Achieve a high level of performance and quality, and
• Deliver agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users
The APM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions.
Essential Job Requirements
Project Planning and Management
Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
Product Owner Support
Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
Process Management and Improvement
Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
Set up a Program Management Office to track and monitor a portfolio of projects
Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
• Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
• A proven track record of successfully implementing IT Infrastructure / software / web development projects using Agile methodologies including 8+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. PMP preferred
• Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with IT Infrastructure and/or application development projects. PMI-ACP, CSM, or equivalent preferred
• Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 10-15 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, and QA Personnel
• Balanced business/technical background:
o Must have prior experience in IT Infrastructure and Operations
o Knowledge of ITIL framework is preferred
o Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
o Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
• BA or BS or equivalent experience is required; MA or MS is a plus
• Very effective interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
• Proven ability to lead software development / IT Infrastructure projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
• Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
o Agile Project Management tools such as Jira
o Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
Responsible for monitoring the company’s computer operations environment including Mainframe Systems, Open Systems and other business required technologies. Escalates issues in accordance with shift procedures and problem management templates.
• Ensures batch processing is completed and service levels are met.
• Directs and guides other computer operators as required.
• Studies program operating instructions to determine setup and run requirements.
• Observes the operation of console, the scheduler workstation and peripheral equipment to monitor the system and determines the point of equipment or job failure.
• Following standard procedures, manipulates controls to rearrange program step sequence to correct errors or continue operations when individual units of the system malfunction.
• Confers with technical personnel to determine instruction or sequence alteration to effect restart of job and escalates as required.
• Maintains operating records and logs of machine utilization and production reports.
• Performs procedures for system backup, including copying of system files, check-points, etc.
• Responsible for monitoring and controlling all areas of the mainframe system as well as Operations controlled processes on Non Mainframe systems.
• Execute and monitor processes at the highest level of Operations via multiple platforms and consoles, such as System Console, System monitors, schedulers etc.
• Monitor all incoming and outgoing file transfer programs to ensure proper completion.
• Provide direction and guidance to peer Computer Operators.
• Recognize and diagnose hardware and software problems in accordance with troubleshooting guidelines. Escalate problems as required.
• Work hands-on with technical personnel while discussing options to quickly resolve problem situations; document all production problems into the problem management system.
• Assist in working on special projects; update, maintain and prepare documentation to be discussed and followed as guidelines in the Operations area.
• Ensure that communication is maintained with management, as required. Relay technical information to various support personnel regarding any problems which may arise, and understand and execute resolution.
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience:
• Perform JCL and/or Proc overrides to ensure proper restarts of jobs through the scheduler, while always following standard procedures.
• Must issue, and have extensive knowledge of, MVS, JES2, TSO and VTAM commands, etc.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training, is required.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in a Mainframe Operator Role.
• Experience in the industry or in a similar production/service environment is preferred.
• Other knowledge requirements- Requires knowledge in the operation of hardware and software components as well as general IT concepts.
• Strong communication skills are necessary.
• Requires basic knowledge of using a PC and PC software, especially word processing and spreadsheet software.
• Requires ability to maintain and adhere to guidelines and procedures supplied by management while maintaining strong business relationships.
Calance is looking for an individual to manage the delivery of Service Desk services, dealing with external/internal customer enquiries and incidents. To manage the performance of Level 1-3 services and support to clients (internal & external) and ensure that service levels are achieved. To ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded. Individual will be responsible for standardization of processes and establishing a framework to track performance metrics. Responsible for ensuring that staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, and that standards and processes are followed and protocol observed to provide effective customer service and meet requirements through an ITIL framework. Ensure incidents are logged accurately and timely and passed to second line support teams, manage ticket systems, and be responsible for customer communications for service alerts and maintenance. Possess excellent communication and organization skills within a rapidly changing technology and business needs landscape. Have a strong sense of urgency for client issues, especially for major outages and critical business events and initiatives.
Mandatory Qualifications and Experience: