The Product Manager is responsible for defining product requirements that address market opportunities and meet the demands of the Product Owners. The position involves close interaction with the Product Owners, Software Architects, Engineering Teams and other key stakeholders to ensure product development resources are delivering products at quality and velocity. A strong technical background is required, together with a clear focus on business goals and product objectives. This role plays a significant part in aligning the product vision and engineering efforts with the strategic direction of the company, fostering awareness and appropriate application of this vision at all levels of the organization; and ensuring successful rollout of products to the market.
- Gather requirements and present them to Engineering in a clear, unambiguous manner
- Prioritize and package requirements into executable projects based on various factors (product value, time to market, technical dependencies, operational constraints, regulatory compliance etc.)
- Assist in focusing Engineering efforts across the organization with a sound and pragmatic approach towards quality product releases at velocity
- Ensure delivered work meets technical, functional performance and business requirements
- Maintain a status dashboard for all ongoing product work
- Engage with the Product Owner as part of launch planning and execution for releases
- Engage with Technical Ops and Engineering as part of release management
- Provide issue resolution and product solution engineering working along Engineering teams and Software Architects
- Maintain up-to-date product documentation covering requirements, features, roadmap etc., and ensure Engineering documentation covering design, implementation, testing etc. are up-to-date
- Collaborate with Product Owners to ensure product offerings are highly competitive in the face of dynamic market trends and competitor organizations and their products
- Communicate strategies in terms that are meaningful to the engineering group
- Bachelors or Masters or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction; willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions and experiment to validate approaches
- Creative, Investigative, Innovative, Insightful mindset with ability to make technical leaps, finding novel solutions
- Effective and comfortable working with senior management
- Effective and comfortable working with engineering teams and software architects as part of an end-to-end team
- Strong written and oral communication skills including proven success in working with stakeholders with a wide range of technical knowledge
- Comfortable working in an environment that is growing rapidly and constantly addressing the inherent challenges
- Ability to define roadmaps to execute on project initiatives
- Proven experience translating business requirements into solutions
- Experience in application development
- Ability to consider multiple factors in decision making at strategic and tactical levels
- Experience in enterprise engineering
- Experience with technical solutions across N-Tier systems
- Experience as a Product Manager or Product Architect
- Familiar with diverse, complex problems and adept at devising reasonable solutions or alternatives
Who we are
Calance is a global IT Services firm specializing in end-to-end solutions for Development, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence and Data Science, DevOps enablement, Managed Services, Security, Construction Management Software Integration and IT Staffing.
Headquartered in Southern California with offices across US and India, our team has made a commitment to excellence for over 25 years. At Calance, we pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships — both with clients and with our team. This fosters a culture of trust and a commitment to creating high-quality, customer-oriented IT solutions, which is why we’ve seen a 90% client retention rate and successful long-term relationships with leading SMB and enterprise partners.
With decades of extensive domain knowledge in technology solutions and exceptional customer support, the Calance team shares a passion for helping organizations achieve digital transformation and build streamlined IT infrastructure that supports their continued success. Our customized IT solutions empower organizations to hit their long-term business goals and lead their industry.
We believe our long term relationship with employees is one our most valuable assets. At Calance we strive to build a culture where personal and professional growth are as important as customer growth and success. We often refer to Calance as a family — a family committed to sustainably growing businesses, driving client success, and working to ensure everyone in the family achieves their full potential.
We offer generous compensation and a benefits package — which, coupled with an exceptional company culture, has resulted in most Calance team members staying with the company for over 7+ years. We also provide H1B work permits and permanent residency sponsorship.