Service Desk Supervisor
Calance’s Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) organization provides IT Managed Services to a wide range of small to mid-size enterprises in a variety of industries. The Service Desk services is one of the key component of our managed services offerings. We run a 24X7 service desk for our clients and team members are globally distributed between our southern California location, India office and remote team members across US.
Calance is looking for an individual to manage the delivery of Service Desk services, dealing with external/internal customer enquiries and incidents. This role will manage the performance of Level 1 services and support to clients (internal & external), ensuring service levels are achieved and customer expectations are met or exceeded. This role will be responsible for standardization of processes and establishing a framework to track performance metrics. Service Desk supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that staff are meeting and exceeding expectations in regards to performance, meeting defined metrics/benchmarks, following all standards and processes and observing protocol to provide effective customer service along with meeting requirements through an ITIL framework. The role also requires the Service Desk supervisor to ensure incidents are logged accurately and timely, passed to second line support teams, manage ticket systems, and be responsible for customer communications for service alerts and maintenance. The role requires the individual to be an excellent communicator with good organization skills within a rapidly changing technology and business needs landscape. This role is critical in ensuring smooth and high quality operations for Service desk and requires the individual to have a strong sense of urgency for client issues, especially for major outages and critical business events and initiatives.
- Day-to-Day management of technical service desk to respond to internal/external customer incidents and queries via email and phone. Escalation may involve out of hours’ support via phone or email
- Work with global service desk lead and director to optimize service desk operations globally and unify as one team
- Maintain ongoing communication of incident updates to customers provided by 2nd and 3rd line support teams
- Ticket management of Incidents, Problems, Change and New Requests; manage and coordinate urgent issues and act as escalation point for all incidents and requests.
- Determine root cause of issues and communicate appropriately to internal and external customers.
- Manage maintenance schedules through the maintenance calendar and tasks
- Direct line management of a team of up to 15 employees
- Hold daily ‘huddle’ meetings with team (5 minutes each AM)
- Manage process for communicating outage/emergency activities to the organization
- Ability to compose and provide data and reports as needed
- Ability to identify and interpret trends and action it
- Monitor and manage phone and email queue.
- Develop an effective and workable ITIL framework for managing and improving customer support in organization.
- Advise management on situations that may require additional client support or escalation
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Operations Specialists for career development.
- Oversee staff activities. Schedule employees working times and provide backup support.
- Maintain the incident ticket database, ensuring incidents are set to the correct priority and are within SLA for response and resolution.
- Maintain ticket updates with accurate notes on current status.
- Escalate to 2nd and 3rd line support teams, inform senior management teams of P1/P2 incidents.
- Document internal time lines for resolved incidents.
- Monitor the AWS queues during the day for long hold times.
- Review AWS reports daily, make adjustments and look for ways to optimize workload.
- Look for automation in AWS reporting.
- Attend and participate in weekly/monthly meetings as required.
- Evaluation, implementation, and migration to a new ITSM solution
- Point of contact for staff, internal management, and customers.
- Experience with modern ticketing systems, ServiceNow, Zendesk, CA SDM
- Drive to deliver outstanding customer service
- Ability to analyze and present data to facilitate decision making
- Excellent follow up skills
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Dedicated with an ability to manage deadlines
- Able to work both as part of a team or under own initiative
- Able to take responsibility for own actions and performance
- Have a positive attitude to customer problems and incidents in a high-pressured environment
- Proven track record as a Service Desk Manager, preferably experience of managing an outsourced Service Desk
- Prior experience of working with external clients
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to multitask across multiple incidents
- Understanding of SLAs
- Ability to follow process and procedures accurately and without fail
- Working knowledge and experience with a managed service provider
- Experience with Data Centers and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Experience/understanding of ITIL methodology
- Degree in Computing and/or IT discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Understanding of IP networks traffic, firewalls, routing, etc.
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and other office applications
- Experience of working in complex, high pressured environments within a 24-hour service structure
Salary Range : $87,000 - $92,000/ yr
Who we are
Calance is a global IT Services firm specializing in end-to-end solutions for Development, Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Business Intelligence and Data Science, DevOps enablement, Managed Services, Security, Construction Management Software Integration and IT Staffing.
Headquartered in Southern California with offices across US and India, our team has made a commitment to excellence for over 20+ years. At Calance, we pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships — both with clients and with our team. This fosters a culture of trust and a commitment to creating high-quality, customer-oriented IT solutions, which is why we’ve seen a 90% client retention rate and successful long-term relationships with leading SMB and enterprise partners.
With decades of extensive domain knowledge in technology solutions and exceptional customer support, the Calance team shares a passion for helping organizations achieve digital transformation and build streamlined IT infrastructure that supports their continued success. Our customized IT solutions empower organizations to hit their long-term business goals and lead their industry.
We believe our long term relationship with employees is one our most valuable assets. At Calance we strive to build a culture where personal and professional growth are as important as customer growth and success. We often refer to Calance as a family — a family committed to sustainably growing businesses, driving client success, and working to ensure everyone in the family achieves their full potential.
We offer generous compensation and a benefits package — which, coupled with an exceptional company culture, has resulted in most Calance team members staying with the company for over 7+ years. We also provide H1B work permits and permanent residency sponsorship